top of page


Family Focus

Immigration Services, Servicios de Migración:


  • DACA Renewals.

  • Residence Card Renewal.

  • Citizenship Applications.

  • Fee Waiver Applications.


Call or text

Gabriela Tenorio


Taller de José

Immigration Services, Servicios de Migración:

Main office 

2831 W. 24th Blvd, Chicago, IL 60623

  • Legal Issues

    • Compañera(o)s can accompany you to court, clinics, agencies ​

  • Medical needs or counseling 

  • Domestic violence 

  • Housing 

  • Language barriers

  • Referral to services

  • Emotional support 

  • Advocacy

All services are free

Call for Appointment at the Quinn Center 

1832 S 8th Ave, Maywood, IL 60153



Community Center Casa Esperanza

Immigration Services, Servicios de Migración:


  • DACA Renewals.

  • Residence Card Renewal.

  • Citizenship Applications.

  • Certificate of Naturalization Replacement.

  • US Passport Applications.

  • N-600 Applications.

  • Fee Waiver Applications.


Call for Appointment



Shriver Center on Poverty Law

For economic and racial justice

67 E. Madison St., Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60603


Andrea Kovach

Senior Attorney, Healthcare Justice

pronouns: she, hers 

Catholic Charities

Immigration and Naturalization Services

Locations in the West40 Region

Casa Esperanza in Melrose Park 

1115 N. 23rd St. 

Melrose Park, IL 


Every other Wednesday  9AM-4PM

West Regional Office  

1400 S. Austin Blvd

Cicero, IL 


Open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 2-4PM

Paso - West Suburban Action Project

Immigration, Community Building, Policy and Advocacy

Immigrant Family Resource Program (IFRP)

For mor information, contact Breandan Magee at

World Relief  

Immigration services, safe spaces for immigrant children and Community Building.

Pilsen Wellness Center

2600 Ridgeland Ave. Berwyn, IL 60402 


Free therapy for uninsured, requirements:

  • Ages of 6 - 24 years old 

  • Resident of Berwyn or Cicero

  • Agree to attend sessions on a weekly basis

  • Experience one traumatic event 

  • Must be uninsured or underinsured (have limited benefits)

Contact Jessica Martinez 312-909-5975 

Walk-Ins welcome


Centro Romero

Address: 6216 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60660

Phone: (773) 508-5300


National Immigrant Justice Center

Address: 224 S Michigan Ave Ste 600, Chicago, IL 60604

Phone: (312) 660-1370


Chicago Legal Clinic

Address: 1914 S Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60608

Phone: (312) 226-2669


World Relief Chicagoland / Chicago Office

Address: 3507 W Lawrence Ave, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 583-9191



Mano a Mano

Address: 6 E Main St, Round Lake Park, IL 60073

Phone: (847) 201-1521


Binational Institute

Address: 2751 W 16th St, Chicago, IL 60608

Phone: (312) 854-2866


Cómo reducir el riesgo para usted

  • Mantenga la calma. No corra, discuta, resista u obstruya al oficial de policía, incluso si cree que se están violando sus derechos.

  • Mantenga sus manos donde la policía pueda verlas.

  • No mienta sobre su estatus ni proporcione documentos falsos.

How to reduce risk to yourself 

  • Stay calm. Don’t run, argue, resist, or obstruct the officer, even if you believe your rights are being violated.

  • Keep your hands where police can see them.

  • Don’t lie about your status or provide false documents.

Su derechos

  • Tiene derecho a permanecer en silencio y no tiene que discutir su estatus migratorio o de ciudadanía con la policía, los agentes de inmigración u otros funcionarios. Todo lo que le diga a un oficial puede ser usado en su contra en la corte de inmigración.

  • Si no es ciudadano estadounidense y un agente de inmigración solicita sus documentos de inmigración, debe mostrarlos si los tiene con usted.

  • Si un agente de inmigración le pregunta si puede registrarlo, tiene derecho a decir que no. Los agentes no tienen derecho a registrarlo ni a sus pertenencias sin su consentimiento o causa probable.

  • Si tiene más de 18 años, lleve consigo sus papeles en todo momento. Si no los tiene, dígale al oficial que desea permanecer en silencio o que desea consultar a un abogado antes de responder cualquier pregunta

Your rights

  • You have the right to remain silent and do not have to discuss your immigration or citizenship status with police, immigration agents, or other officials. Anything you tell an officer can later be used against you in immigration court. 

  • If you are not a U.S. citizen and an immigration agent requests your immigration papers, you must show them if you have them with you. 

  • If an immigration agent asks if they can search you, you have the right to say no. Agents do not have the right to search you or your belongings without your consent or probable cause. 

  • If you’re over 18, carry your papers with you at all times. If you don’t have them, tell the officer that you want to remain silent, or that you want to consult a lawyer before answering any questions.

Qué hacer si lo para la policía

  • En algunos estados, debe proporcionar su nombre a la policía si lo detienen y le piden que se identifique. Pero incluso si da su nombre, no tiene que responder otras preguntas.

  • Si está conduciendo y lo detienen, el oficial puede solicitarle que muestre su licencia, registro del vehículo y prueba de seguro, pero no tiene que responder preguntas sobre su estado migratorio.

  • Los funcionarios de aduanas pueden preguntar sobre su estado migratorio al entrar o salir del país. Si es un residente permanente legal (LPR) que ha mantenido su estatus, solo tiene que responder preguntas que establezcan su identidad y residencia permanente. Negarse a responder otras preguntas

What to do in such an encounter 

  • In some states, you must provide your name to law enforcement if you are stopped and told to identify yourself. But even if you give your name, you don’t have to answer other questions.

  • If you are driving and are pulled over, the officer can require you to show your license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance, but you don’t have to answer questions about your immigration status.

  • Customs officers can ask about your immigration status when entering or leaving the country. If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR) who has maintained your status, you only have to answer questions establishing your identity and permanent residency. Refusal to answer other questions will likely cause delay, but officials may not deny you entry into the United States for failure to answer other questions. If you are a non-citizen visa holder, you may be denied entry into the U.S. if you refuse to answer officers’ questions.

In person resources: 

City Colleges of Chicago


Family Focus


services Cicero, Berwyn, Melrose Park, Northlake and the surrounding suburbs

Call 708-652-0900 for program enrollment and other inquiries 


Morton College




PASO West Suburban Action Project

Free of charge

Tuesday and Thursday 6pm-8pm 

Online or in person

Online resources:


Voice of America 


USA Learns


World Relief Chicago

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.34.12 PM.png
Beige Musical Notes Illustration Tutor Flyer (2).png
bottom of page